RECREATION FACILITIES OPERATING RULES AND REGULATIONS
HUNTCLIFF RECREATION FACILITIES
OPERATING RULES AND REGULATIONS (3-12-96)
The following rules and regulations are for the protection and benefit of all members. These rules have been established to assure the safe and sanitary operation of our facilities. Parents are requested to caution their children and guests to observe all rules and obey the instruction of the RECREATION AREA FACILITY MANAGING AGENTS (e.g. pool service) and other responsible adults. Any failure to comply with these rules will be considered sufficient cause for disciplinary action. Any objections to a responsible person’s decision must be made in writing to the HUNTCLIFF RESIDENT HOMEOWNERS’ ASSOCIATION FACILITIES BOARD (hereinafter referred to as HRHA Board of Directors).
All persons using the recreation facility do so at their own risk. HRHA Board of Directors and/or its managing agents will not be responsible for any accidents or injuries in connection with the use of the facilities. HRHA Board of Directors and/or its managing agents will not be responsible for loss or damage to personal property. DO NOT BRING VALUABLES TO THE POOL.
These rules and regulations may be revised at any time at the discretion of the HRHA Board of Directors. Any change will be posted in a conspicuous location in the pool area. Your suggestions and recommendations are welcome and should be submitted in writing to the HRHA Board of Directors.
***FACILITIES DUES MUST BE PAID IN FULL PRIOR TO USING THE FACILITIES***
Members resigning membership during the season shall receive no reimbursement of their dues. Facility membership may transfer for the remainder of the season with the sale of a member’s home. ONLY NEW RESIDENTS who move into a non-facilities member’s home during the year and whose dues are not paid by the builder will be eligible for membership on a prorated basis for the remainder of the year.
Operating hours will be from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM. operating hours are subject to change for special events to be determined by the managing agents. All changes in operating hours will be posted at least seven days in advance.
A responsible adult, the HRHA Board of Directors, or the managing agent may close the pool at any time when, in their judgment, conditions may jeopardize the safety of those using the facilities. The pool shall be cleared at the first sighting of lightning and/or sound of thunder and shall remain closed for 30 minutes after the last signs of dangerous conditions.
WHO MAY USE THE POOL
MEMBERS WHO HAVE PAID IN FULL AND REMAIN IN GOOD STANDING ONLY ARE ALLOWED USE OF THE SWIM/TENNIS FACILITIES.
1. Members will be issued some form of identification that must be presented for entrance into the facility. Children who are at the facility without their parents must sign in, including a telephone number where their parents or guardian can be reached in case of an emergency.
2. Parents, children, and grandchildren who are out-of-town house guests of members will be permitted full use of the facilities.
3. GUESTS MUST BE FROM OUTSIDE HUNTCLIFF These guests must be accompanied by a Huntcliff Facility member. These guests will be allowed use of the facilities for a fee of $1.00 per guest per day, payable upon entry into the facility. A child 16 and under is limited to 4 guests per day. The fee shall be deposited in the slot on the left-hand side of the breezeway as you enter the pool. Guests must also sign the guest register prior to entering the facility, showing their name, address, and the member’s name of which they are a guest. The same guest may not be invited for more than 10 visits per season.
4. MEMBERS GULTY OF FRAUDULENTLY ALLOWING THEIR MEMBERSHIP TO BE USED BY OTHER PERSONS OR WHO KNOWINGLY REGISTER A HUNTCLIFF RESIDENT AS A GUEST SHALL BE FINED $20 AND/OR SUBJECT TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION BY THE HRHA BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
5. Children under the age of 14 years are not allowed in the main pool without an adult. Children in the wading pool must be under the age of 6 years and attended by an adult.
6. Children who are not potty-trained or who normally wear diapers are not allowed admittance into the main pool unless wearing a clean diaper designed specifically for swimming pools/swimming (for example “Little Swimmies”). Standard disposable diapers can weigh up to 10 pounds when wet and can be dangerous when worn in the pool.
7. To limit vandalism at the pool during the late, nighttime hours, children 16 and under must have a parent/guardian with them after 9:00 p.m. The guardian must be 18 or older and must be an HRHA full-facilities member. The following age limits for use of the pool are as follows:
• 14 and older: Allowed full use without a lifeguard until 9:00 p.m.
• 16 and older: Allowed full use without a lifeguard and can be responsible for another child until 9:00 p.m.
Please recognize that the pool facilities are not operated as a child-care service. Weather or hazardous conditions may require closing of the facilities. Be sure your child has instructions for these contingencies and that a responsible person is available for contact, if necessary. Failure to comply with these rules can result in dismissal of the child from the facilities.
1. All persons must take a shower prior to using the pool.
2. Parents are cautioned to have children use the toilet before taking a shower or using the pool.
3. Persons having a skin disease or inflamed eyes, cold or nasal/ear discharge, or any communicable disease will be excluded from using the pool.
4. Persons having open blisters, cuts, or skin abrasions arc hereby warned that these might become infected and are advised not to use the pool.
5. Spitting, spouting of water, or blowing the nose in the water arc strictly forbidden.
6. No hairpins or curlers may be worn at any time in the pool.
7. All babies must wear a clean diaper designed specifically for swimming pools/swimming (for example “Little Swimmies”).
8. No pets are allowed within the pool enclosure.
9. No smoking is permitted within 5 feet of either pool. Always use receptacles provided.
10. No chewing gum will be allowed in the pool area.
1. WALK -- no running in the pool area. No pushing or horseplay shall be permitted in and around the pool. No Frisbees or ball throwing shall be permitted in and around the pool. NO DIVING AND NO FLIPS will be tolerated.
2. Air mattresses, masks, and other accessories shall be limited to times when their use will not interfere with other swimmers.
3. All life jackets must be “Coast Guard Approved” and will be subject to inspection by the lifeguard.
4. An adult-swim period will be announced 10 minutes each hour on the hour, whereby only those swimmers 18 years and older will be allowed in the pool.
5. Two lanes will be reserved ON REQUEST for lap swimming after 7:00 p.m.
6. Radios will be allowed in the pool area either with headphone or if the volume is kept low enough as not to disturb others.
Additional health and safety rules are posted at the pool.
RULES OF CONDUCT
1. All persons must wear generally accepted swimming attire; bathing suits only are permitted in the pool (no cut-offs).
2. NO GLASS OBJECTS other than eyeglasses will be permitted in the pool area.
3. Food will be allowed in areas at least 5-feet from the pools. No food is permitted in the pool.
4. Beverages in non-glass containers may be consumed on the pool deck and not in the water.
5. Vandalism and/or unauthorized after-hours use of the pool by any member or individual of a member’s family will result in disciplinary action which may include loss of membership. All infractions will be reviewed by the HRHA Board of Directors and appropriate measures taken at their discretion.
6. All persons showing signs of intoxication on facility property can be denied the use of the facilities and fined $25 for each offense at the discretion of the HRHA Board of Directors.
7. No gambling or profane or abusive language will be tolerated.
8. Cigarettes and other tobacco products shall be discarded only in containers provided.
9. All trash, paper, and drink cans must be placed in the containers provided.
10. Bikes must be stored in designated areas and must not block drive or entrance.
The following disciplinary procedures will be followed by any responsible adult member or attendant:
• First infraction - WARNING
• Second infraction - Person will be taken out of the water for a 15-minute period. If the person warned is a minor, a parent will be asked to correct the problem.
• Third infraction or FIRST MAJOR INFRACTION* - Consult an HRHA Board of Directors officer and send the individual home; notify parents in writing as soon as possible if the person is a minor (under 18 years old). Copies of the discipline report will be kept on file at the pool by the HRHA Board.
* (MAJOR INFRACTION = Vandalism, fighting, stealing.)
1. Any adult facilities member may rent the pool pavilion for private parties for a fee of $30, except during the hours of 1 - 4 p.m. on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. HRHA social functions take precedence over individual reservations.
2. Reservations and a $10 deposit must be made with the Facilities Events Director, and payment is expected at the time of reservation and should be given to the Facilities Events Director or a Facilities Board Member. Once the pavilion is cleaned by the member reserving the pavilion, that member will be refunded his/her deposit.
3. The person making the reservation is responsible for his/her guests.
4. The person making the reservation is responsible for set-up and clean up.
5. The person making the reservation may hire a lifeguard from our pool service only at a rate determined by the pool service company, on an as-available basis. The terms are solely up to the pool service company. Contact the Facilities Board Member to be provided with the name of the pool service company.
6. Any violation or misuse of the pool facilities by the person making the reservation or his/her guests will result in forfeiture of pool-use privileges.
The enforcement of all rules and regulations are entrusted to responsible adults, the HRHA Board Managing Agent, and the HRHA Board. Every adult should try to keep the pool area as orderly as possible for the safety and comfort of all members. In the interest of health and safety, the Managing agent shall have the authority to enact additional rules. These rules and regulations are subject to interpretation by the HRHA Board of Directors. All rules and regulations are subject to existing county, state, and federal laws.
TENNIS COURT RULES
1. Court hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Please be courteous and check sign-up sheets before turning the lights off. Once lights are turned off, it takes 30 minutes for them to come back on.
2. Playing times: 1½ hours for singles; 2 hours for doubles. If no one is waiting or scheduled to play at the end of that time, you may continue playing.
3. Members must register on the sign-up sheets provided at the courts prior to playing. If a member fails to sign up upon beginning play and another member arrives thereafter, the first party will relinquish the court at the beginning of the next sign-up period. If you reserve a court and are unable to play at that time, please remove your name from the sign-up sheet.
4. ONLY HUNTCLIFF FACILITIES MEMBERS AND THEIR GUESTS MAY PLAY TENNIS ON THE COURTS. Guests must be from outside Huntcliff or associate subdivisions. No more than 3 guests per member are allowed at any time. Your guest(s) must be playing on your court.
5. Please limit each household member to 2 sign-up reservations per week (Sunday to Saturday).
6. If you are not on your reserved court 15-minutes past your reservation time, your reservation is forfeited.
7. If another party is playing on your reserved court and time, that party must give up the reserved court.
8. You must play on the court that you have reserved. Same players cannot stay on the courts for 2 consecutive time periods by signing up two different names.
9. Only those persons playing tennis are allowed on the courts.
10. Tennis courts are for tennis only. No bikes, skateboards, rollerblades, or any other wheeled vehicles are allowed on the courts. Proper tennis attire must be worn at all times on the courts. Flat-sole tennis shoes only are permitted.
11. No jumping on or over the nets will be tolerated. Do not touch the windscreens.
12. No glass is allowed on the courts.
13. Members and their guests are asked to property discard any trash.
14. Maximum playing time will be 1 hour for children under the age of 16. Adult supervision is encouraged with children on the courts. Please review these rules with your children, as you will be responsible for your child’s actions.
15. The tennis courts will be locked at all times when not in use. Please lock the gates if you are the last to leave.
16. Violation of the above rules will be addressed by the Facilities Board and may result in forfeiture of reservation privileges.
ALTA/USTA LEAGUE PLAY
1. An open invitation must be extended to ALL HUNTCLIFF FACILITIES MEMBERS. All previous season captains who receive the team packets for the upcoming season must post an open sign-up sheet for players and captain/co-captain immediately upon receipt of the new packet. This sign-up sheet must be posted on the bulletin board at the tennis courts. Any member can join any team as long as his/her ranking will not affect team’s current ranking, unless agreed upon by the team by a majority vote.
2. The captain and co-captain must be Huntcliff residents. If more than one person is interested in being captain/co-captain, and a compromise/decision cannot be made, a team vote must take place at least 2 weeks before roster deadline. The captain or co-captain is responsible for submitting the roster, and the roster shall not be submitted until 2 days before the roster deadline date. Failure to do this will result in your team being banned from using the courts for league play.
3. Scheduled league practice is limited to 2 hours per week (Monday through Thursday only), including coaching. When a team’s ALTA/USTA season is finished, scheduled practice ends. Practice times must be coordinated through the Facilities Director, the Tennis Committee, or the appointed Tennis Liaison.
4. An existing team may keep their same practice schedule time-slot from season to season. If a team requests a different time-slot, this must be arranged with the Facilities Director or through the Tennis Committee or Liaison. If 2 teams request the same practice time, the team with the higher percentage of Huntcliff resident players will be awarded the requested time slot. If both teams have an equal percentage of resident players, the Facilities Director or a member of the Tennis Committee will flip a coin to determine which team gets the time-slot.
5. A copy of the team roster, the match schedule, and all outside players’ fees must be submitted to the Facilities Director or the appointed Tennis Liaison prior to the first match for any season. The roster must designate each player as either a Resident Player or an Outside Player.
6. Huntcliff league play requires at least a 50% resident participation. Exceptions to this may be granted by majority vote of the Tennis Committee, or by the H.R.H.A. Board of Directors, if there is no functioning Tennis Committee.
7. Outside players can be added to any Huntcliff team. An outside player must be sponsored by a team member. Outside players cannot be Huntcliff residents. All outside players will pay a $30.00 fee per season ($15.00 for Juniors teams) to cover their participation in practices and match play, with a cap of $90.00 per player, per calendar year. Team captains are responsible for collecting all outside players’ fees. These fees must be paid to the Facilities Director or the appointed Tennis Liaison prior to the first scheduled match. The facilities Director or Tennis Liaison will be responsible for maintaining records of such payments. Any captain’s failure to pay outside player fees before their team’s first scheduled match will result in their team’s loss of court privileges for practices until such time that all fees are paid. If an outside player is added to a team after scheduled match play has begun, their outside player fee must be paid before they participate in any match play.
8. Outside players' access to Huntcliff tennis courts is limited to Huntcliff team practices and matches.
9. It is the responsibility of the team captain to make sure tennis courts and tennis deck areas are cleaned after their team’s matches and practices. This includes emptying all trash containers on the courts and around the deck into the large trash containers located near the playground, and making sure the pool area gate is closed and the bathroom lights are turned off.